The pace of innovation in the electric power and energy industries is accelerating. New technologies are challenging the long-established infrastructure in virtually every industry segment. This innovation is enabled by fundamental advances in engineering, communications, and information technology.
Bluewave helps clients understand the markets for electric power technologies and how these technologies could fit into their markets.
- We work with clients developing new technologies to identify opportunities and position themselves to exploit those opportunities.
- We advise potential users or investors about the capabilities of technologies to meet their requirements.
- We counsel clients affected by new technologies on potential impacts, opportunities and strategies.
Our focus on electric power technologies spans both central station and distributed resources and we have extensive experience with industrial, smart grid, and utilization technologies.
Selected Technology Planning Experience
Central Station Power Generation
- Combustion Turbines
- Dry Cooling Systems for Power Plants
- Flue Gas Desulfurization
- Fluidized Bed Combustion
- Geologic Storage of Carbon Dioxide
- Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle
- Oxycombustion Systems
- Post-combustion CO2 Capture
- Selective Catalytic Reduction
- Selective Non-catalytic Reduction
- Stationary Reciprocating Engines
- Steam Turbine Bypass Systems
- Ultra-supercritical Boilers
Distributed and Renewable Generation
- Advanced Batteries
- Biomass Power Generation
- Combined Heat and Power
- Demand Response
- Flow Batteries
- Fuel Cells
- Packaged Cogeneration
- Reciprocating Engines
- Wind Turbines
Industrial, Commercial & Residential End Use Technologies
- Adjustable Speed Motor Drives
- Building Energy Management Systems
- Chemical Production from CO2
- Demand Response
- Ground Source Heat Pumps
- Heat Recovery Electric Chillers
- Industrial Electrotechnologies
- Pyrolysis of Waste Streams
- Smart Meters
- Thermal Energy Storage